1. What is the only U.S. state capital that has no letters in common with its state?
2. What is the highest elevation state capital?
3. What is the lowest elevation state capital?
4. What are the four state capitals that begin with the same letter as their states?
5. The state capitals DENVER and DOVER begin with the same letter of the alphabet
and end with the same letter of the alphabet. Can you think of three other pairs of
U.S. state capitals that also have matching first letters and matching last letters?
6. What three state capitals border another state or country?
7. What two U.S. state capitals have no vowels in common but yet they rhyme?
8. Which two state capitals start with the name of a month?
9. What six (maybe seven) state capitals lie on salt water?
10. What is the longest continuously serving state capital in the US?
11. What is the largest state capital in area, at over 2700 sq miles?
12. What is the most visited state capital?
13. What is the easternmost state capital?
14. Which capital was named by Roger Williams, who believed the site was chosen by God?
15. Which state capital shares its name with a singer who died in a 1997 plane crash,
an omelet filled with ham & green peppers, and an actor from "Gilligan's Island"?
16. Which state capital shares its name with a spy who claims to be an "International Man
and a former wrestler who knocked the competition out "Stone Cold."
17. Which state capital shares its name with a 1995 film about a man who retakes all of his childhood
schooling in order to claim his inheritance and a university in Harrisonburg, Virginia?
18. Which state capital shares its name with an infamous set of witch trials
and a North Carolina-based brand of cigarettes?
19. Which state capital shares its name with a tunnel underneath the Hudson River,
an American luxury automobile brand, and a popular children's toy made of wood?
20. Which state capital shares its name with the explorer who established the first English colony
in America (The Lost Colony), and a bicycle company based in Nottingham, England?