1. I asked God to send me his friends ... He sent you.
2. I asked God to take away my pain. God said, No.
It is not
for me to take away, but for you to give it up.
3. I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.
4. I asked God to grant me patience. God said, No.
Patience is a
by-product of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is earned.
5. I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No.
I give you
blessings, happiness is up to you.
6. I asked God to take away my pain. God said, No.
draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.
7. I asked God to make my spirit grow. God said, No.
grow on your own, but I will prune you
to make you fruitful.
8. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. God said,
I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.
9. I asked God to help me LOVE others as much as He loves me.
God said..............Ahhh, finally! You have the idea.
In a related story,
10. I prayed to God for a bicycle, but that's not how God works.
So, I stole a bicycle and asked God for forgiveness.